Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I promise I'm still alive

For the past week, I've been out in Cookeville for work.
It was great to get so much work experience in such a short time (my training is just about done).
I'm much better at sales than I thought I would be.
But, it was exhausting.
   1. I was on my feet for many hours at a time
   2. my coworker who I shared the hotel with SNORED in all capitals. I thought I was going to burst an    eardrum by pushing my earplugs so far into my ears. And I put pillows over my head. It was kind of impressive on her part that I could still hear her. lol
   3. I got sick from Sam's Club food on my second to last day.
I'm so happy I am back in Nashville in my own apartment.

I hope I don't have to travel very much because I came to Nashville to actually be in the city.
If I have to go 80 miles away every other week, I'll miss out on music stuff.
I really like the people I work with though

Some fun stories from my time promoting products all week:
  1. I got proposed to by a man in his 60s with an epic white handlebar mustache.
      It was cute when he first started complimenting me, but it soon got creepy.
      And he didn't even buy anything!
  2. I all but got offered a job by a man who works in the medical marijuana industry.
      He thought I was a good salesperson.
      He told me that even though it isn't legal in TN (he was visiting from FL),
      TN grows the 2nd most weed in the country next to California. Mind blown.
      And he didn't even buy anything!
  3. There was a crying boy (probably around 4 years old) in his mother's cart.
      Wailing so loudly, it was bothering other shoppers.
      So, I walked over and put a free sample in his hands and said "free presents!"
      and he stopped crying! And, his mom didn't even buy anything!
  4. A 6 year old red-headed girl told me I was pretty and I responded with
     "You're pretty too! Us red-heads have to stick together!" and it seemed like
      her day was made. :) And yes, her parents bought something!
  5. My southern accent really came out in Cookeville. Southern people have the best sayings.
      For instance, I overheard a Sam's worker say something like:
       "So good, it'll make you smack your mama!" about some sort of food.

Last Monday, my show at Belcourt Taps went very well and like 6 people from work showed up!
That was so nice to see people from work come to support me even though I had just started.
I played at Belcourt again last night with my friend Tanya and it was so much fun.
I hadn't heard Tanya live before and she was really good. Really sassy.
And the other player, Clint Freeman, was very good as well. He had the perfect country baritone
and his songs were romantic in a humorous way.

Next week the American Idiot National Tour comes through Nashville, and I know three of the
lead characters. Two of them I went to college with and one I used to do Theatre with as a child.
I need to buy tickets, but I won't have the money until a few days from now.
I'm so glad February is a short month.

My uniform for work is black pants and a black shirt, and I only have so many of those.
So I really need to do some black laundry today. But, I don't have any change.
I hate how my apartment complex's public washing machines don't take credit cards or cash.
Just quarters.
So, I need to go to Kroger and get some food and get change from customer service.
And since I have a 4pm conference call, I need to do that now.
   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment