Friday, May 3, 2013

Stuff and Nonsense

Lots of stuff has been going on lately.
EP's almost done.
On Tuesday we filmed a music video for "Not What I Need."
Very exciting.
It was beautiful day and we walked around Centennial Park among the pretty flowers and prime sunlight.
Afterwards, we went to an ethiopian restaurant.
I had never eaten ethiopian cuisine before. It was very good and very filling.
Since it closed at 9pm and we didn't get there until after 8, we pretty much were the last people there
and closed out the place at like 9:30.

In less than a week I'll be in Orlando with Wesley doing some wedding stuff and some fun hanging out with the family. First floral consultation, a food tasting, and a venue walk-through. It's starting to seem real.
Been working on a basic little wedding website.

Last night, my apartment complex had a Margarita Night. Free food and booze! Yay!
I never get to go to their monthly resident parties. I always happen to be busy on the nights they are scheduled. But, last night worked out perfectly.
I enjoyed a margarita and got to know an elderly hungarian man named Joe.
He became a US citizen like 35 years ago but still has a crazy-strong accent.
I love old people.

I wore my new dress that I bought with a good portion of the money I got from working on Nashville.
It might be the only dress I own that fits my waist and my chest without some sort of belt or tie waist.
So, I looked and felt like a 50s pin-up.

Speaking of Nashville! I never wrote here about my experience for an episode they filmed on April 19th.
I was cast as Hayden Panettiere's hand double. So fun and so random.
They needed a closeup of her hands picking up a phone but forgot to get the shot the day before, but Hayden was too busy filming other scenes so they needed a double. They asked for photo submissions of the hands of petite, white, blonde women between 18 and 28. So, I submitted and then was hand-picked (no pun intended) by the director. I pretty much spent an afternoon getting the best manicure of my life, picking up props and being surrounded by famous people. So, come episode 20, if you see a scene where Juliette picks up a cell phone while sitting in bed, those are my hands in the close-up.

After my hand scene was filmed, they asked me to fill in for one of the stand-ins.
So, they threw some glasses and a blue button up shirt on me and I became the stand-in for "Maddie" (Lennon Stella), the 13 year old daughter of Connie Britton's character.
So, I basically sat on a couch while light was adjusted on me at a few different angles in preparation for the scene with the real actors.
I got to talk to and get a picture with Lennon, who is one of the coolest/most talented 13 year old's I've ever met. I gave her my card, so I hope she looked up my music and liked it.
I also got to talk to Chip Esten! We briefly chatted about Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Man, has he aged well.
I was only there for 3.5 hours but got paid for a whole 12. niiiiice.
So, I'll be adding that to my resume. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment