Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Exercise and Extras

So, I thought I had a gym membership for the YMCA.
Since my parents have a family membership in Orlando.
However, since I live in Nashville, the florida one does not work except as a "guest"
So, I can only use the Green Hills Y fourteen times a year.
Sadness.
And first-world problems.

I could get a membership, but it's $33/month and I'm sure I can find something cheaper.
So, I've been trying out a bunch of different gyms in Nashville. (Free Trial Passes y'all!)
And I went to Snap Fitness today. It was on the nicer end of Nolensville Pike, so it looked promising.
On the inside it's like on big room as big as my apartment with a bunch of cardio and strength equipment.
It was me, the front desk lady (though there wasn't a front desk)
and one middle-aged man walking way too hard on the treadmill.
I could still hear his ridiculously loud footsteps once I put my earphones on and watched Galaxy Quest.
Sidenote: Galaxy Quest is a good movie. Alan Rickman makes me happy.
All in all, I got a good workout. But, the overall feeling of the empty gym was very creepy.

Exciting thing of the day:
I got hired as an extra for the TV Show "Nashville."
The episode is filming on Friday and I will be a "Bluebird Cafe Patron."
I remember from being an extra on a movie set here back in Sept.
that standing around for 12 hours in costume is surprisingly tiring.
Can't imagine how the actual lead actors feel. haha.
But I'm very excited to be possibly in the same room as famous people.
My mom said I should bring my business cards and strategically drop them in places around the set.
That might not be allowed....

I wonder if it matters that the headshots I sent in for "Nashville" show me with blonde hair.
They'll get a redheaded surprise on Friday.

Here I am.
Taking a break from practicing a few choices of cover songs
for a possible YouTube video coming hopefully tomorrow.
Wish me luck...and a perfect first take....and perfect pitch.
AND of course, the most important part, genuinely funny outtakes.

I'd like to thank my amazing fiance for a gift I got in the mail today.
I've worn the same two sports bras for about 5 years. Once of which, I've had since I was 15.
(I'm 23...)
And by two sports bras, I mean I wear two at a time.
He got me a brand new sports bra in my actual size.
Very much needed.
I'm quite blessed in the fiance department.
And not just for his sports-bra buying skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment