Monday, January 21, 2013

First

I'm a songwriter. But, I've been plagued with a bit of writers block lately....
It's not that I can't write anything. I just can't finish very much.
I feel like it's been going on like this for a while.
So, I thought to myself, "When was the last time I remember not having any trouble writing/finishing songs?"
The answer to that question is: Spring 2009, second semester of my freshman year of college.
And you know what I did back then in terms of writing in general that I don't do anymore?
Keep a journal.
In my case, a livejournal, which I kept up for 5 years.
I guess that's technically a blog. But, my 14-year-old self preferred the word journal.
Writing more in a non-songwriting way helped my songwriting come easier, it seems.
So, here I am.
Starting a blog...journal...blournal?...jog??
I've been thinking about it for a while considering all the crazy changes and stuff that's been going on in my life for the past six months. I must document it all in a subjective online fashion!
I'll get more specific about those things in future entries. (Don't want to give it all away on the first date)

I'm already having fun.
Hopefully, you are too.

Other Hopes:
1. That keeping this blog/journal will help me with my songwriting issues
2. That this will be another creative outlet for me, since I am a creative person (MUST.EXPRESS.SELF.)
3. That my friends and family will be able to use this as a way to see what I'm up to
4. That I can keep this shit up and actually write an acceptable amount of entries.

The goal of this blog isn't really to have "tons of readers," though that would be nice.

It's about 1 am central time and I really should go to sleep.
My sleep schedule has been really off lately.

NyQuil-induced dreams, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment