Thursday, March 28, 2013

Before 30 To-Do List

I'm 23.
An awesome number, but pretty much out of my early twenties.
I'd love to start having kids at 30, and I realized that is less than 7 years away.
So, I made a list a few months ago in my physical journal (Big Red Book Vol. 3) of stuff I'd like to do before I'm 30. Now I've added to it and edited it to put on the blog. Some are big and some are small. Some are silly and some are important. And interestingly enough, a lot of them have to do with traveling.


  1. Run a half marathon
  2. Go to Ireland (test out my accent at a pub)
  3. Pay off my undergrad debt
  4. Move back to Florida
  5. Go to Thailand (ride a freaking elephant!)
  6. Go skydiving
  7. Record a full-length album
  8. Learn how to sew (like, for reals. Not just the BS'ing I've been doing when fixing buttons and stuff)
  9. Tour the country (self-funded? label-funded? as an opening act? any and all work for me)
  10. Go to the Grammy's (whether as a regular old attendee or as an artist)
  11. Go skinny-dipping
  12. Go to Paris
  13. Become conversational in Spanish (I used to know a lot more than I do now. I've become really bad at it.)
  14. Get a tattoo
  15. Dye my whole head of hair some unnatural color
  16. Go scuba diving
  17. Go to Napa Valley to go wine tasting with my family
  18. Be able to pay to have my family come visit me (when I'm in a different state, of course)
  19. Hike in beautiful New Zealand
  20. Take a cooking class
  21. Crowd surf or stage dive
  22. Go to SXSW, Austin City Limits, and Coachella multiple times
  23. Get a cut on someone's record (translation for non-songwriters: get a song you (co)wrote on an artist's album)

No comments:

Post a Comment