Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wedding Progress Report

I'm getting married to my high-school sweetheart in a little over a year (3-22-2014).
We got engaged in August 2012, and we already have a great amount planned.

Things we've figured out-
Venue (Cypress Grove Estate House)
Food   (venue provides the food)
Dress  
Planner (Kristen from An Affair to Remember)
Colors   (Pink and Gold, with black accents)
Photographer (Julie Brewer Photography)
DJ (Liquid Entertainment)
Honeymoon location (thanks to my parents for letting us use their timeshare in St. Marteen!)

Things left to figure out-
Hotels
Transportation for bride & groom (classic getaway car, hopefully!!)
Wedding Party
Bridesmaids Dresses
Flowers
Stationary (which I'm hoping to design myself because
                     #1. I'm so picky
                     #2. I really love designing stuff
                 I've made a few different designs for the Save The Dates so far. Gotta get those out in July)
Favors (trying to decide between mix CDs of Wesley's/My favorite love songs or custom made ray bans with our wedding date on them)
Decor (like centerpiece stuff besides flowers, pictures to put around the venue, etc
Lighting
Hair/Makeup Providers
What will be our first dance song?
Officiant
Wedding website
Cake!

Probably forgot something in either category.
All in all, it's so exciting.
I'm so glad we are having a long engagement.
I mean, I can't wait to be married to him, but it just makes the planning part so much less stressful.

We've got a corny little engagement announcement in the Alumni section of our high school's magazine coming soon. I can't wait to see it.

Got a hair appt tomorrow to start the "back-to-blonde" process and get a haircut.
Hopefully I'll have a strawberry blonde look going. Like Jessica Chastain or something.
and I'm probably gonna take like 2 inches off at the most. My ends are just so split.
So, I'll look extra-purty when I go see American Idiot tomorrow.

Lori is still sick :( But, sadly I couldn't take a shift today to help out.
I feel really bad that I couldn't, but I really had stuff to do today
I'd never get any errands or appts. done if all my days-off turned into days-on.
When I can help, I will. But, I'm part-time for a reason.
I LOVE working for my company, especially because the people are so nice/cool to be around.
But, if I was going to be working full-time or be on call for something, I might as well be back in FL not pursuing my music and my independence.

Just realized today that Glee did a version of Halestorm's "Here's To Us," with it all censored out.
And of course, it's the only karaoke/instrumental version available. And the "back up vocals" sing the clean version. lame.
I was considering just doing a vocal/karaoke youtube video later this week, but if I'm gonna do that song, I'll need to play guitar on it.

I went to the mall to get my Clinique facewash since I ran out.
I discovered I.N.C. was having a sale and ended up getting a few work-appropriate things for like 70% off.
My wardrobe needs more business professional stuff, so YAY.
I love clothes. I guess it's the creative part of me just looking for more ways to express myself.
But, my problem is that I never get rid of anything.
I need to sell some stuff on ebay.
Because I still own shirts from 10th grade that I haven't worn in years.






1 comment:

  1. When you say that there is cake left to figure out, I like pretending that we're trying to figure out if we should have the band Cake in attendance.

    ReplyDelete