Monday, February 18, 2013

Is it over halfway through February already?

I had a great Saturday.
I got to go to a Vanderbilt vs. Texas A&M basketball game with one of my mom's best friends (Becky) since before I was born, her son, her friend Laurie, and Laurie's son.
Vandy won, and it was very fun.
Their sons are 15 and 16 so they are starting to get interested in college and the future.
So, they visited a few colleges on a road trip, including Vanderbilt.
It was 30 degrees the night. Soooo cold.
Even in the afternoon I saw snowflakes falling but melting before hitting the ground.

We went to dinner at Sunset Grille near Hillsboro Village. Yum.
I had been there once before and was seated really close to the door.
But, it was very busy when we got there (we had a reservation)
So, they led us to the other side of the restaurant....which showed that the restaurant was HUGE.
It just kept going. lol.
Had some great food and great conversation.
I was worried I dominated the conversation too much. I have a tendency to talk a lot.
I wanted to give the boys a lot of advice about college and stuff.
I mean, I used to be a peer counselor at UM for freshman.
Granted they were freshman in the Bio program. But, general college and life advice applied.
I also gave them the "Greek life rocks" pitch.
The next morning they left on the road back to Ohio.
I'm so glad I got to see them.

I had to be at work this morning at 8:30am. (Technically 8:45ish, but I like being early).
And I was only there until 10:30, so when I got home I took a nap.
I love taking naps, but they never work out the way I plan them.
If I want to sleep for an hour, I end up sleeping for two hours.
I had to teach back some of the stuff I learned last week
when they taught me some marketing principles.
I'll have to teach more tomorrow since I learned more today.
The office is a really chill work environment.
I just need to get used to getting up early.

I got an interesting opportunity to get some "in the field" experience before my training is over.
I'll spend the whole week, starting tomorrow afternoon, in Cookeville, helping to promote a product.
I'll stay in a hotel with another employee, so I'm sure I'll really get to know them over the week.
Should be fun, interesting, and hard work.
The uniform is black shirts with black pants.
So I need to wrangle all my plain black items and pack em' up.

Playing a show tonight at Belcourt Taps & Tapas!
8:30pm writer's round.
My supervisor from work might be able to come see me.
I hope she can.
I might debut "That's Lonely" live at the show.

Now that I think about it, I should do more practicing at the moment and less blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment