Thursday, February 14, 2013

That's Lonely

Been a little while.
Decided to do a valentines day entry since it's not like I'm spending it with my fiance.
So I might as well write about the last few days.

Saturday: The Charities Bash
The warehouse was decorated beautifully with different booths for the different charities.
TJ Martell Foundation, American Red Cross, and more.
My shift was 9pm-1am, volunteering.
But I arrive around 8pm so I could enjoy the party and my two drink tickets (every volunteer got two).
So, I drank, and danced, and ate doughnut covered corn dogs and flavored kettle corn.
Delish.
Just before my shift started I got a glass of wine for no drink ticket by a cute bartender.
EGO BOOST.
Nice guy, let's call him B. With a goatee.
Not that I was interested, but it's nice to know I'm not invisible now that I'm engaged.
(Did anyone else see that How I Met Your Mother episode?)

So, I spent about 3 hours at the VIP bar, making sure that the people going in had the right wristbands.
I got to interact with some funny drunk people.
Some people danced on the way into the VIP bar while making serious eye contact with me.
One guy even offered me a cigarette even though there was No Smoking in the venue.
And I'm pretty sure that guy was with some woman.
Feel bad for the woman if he's just offering up cigarettes to random stranger girls.
Another woman asked me if I was having a good time while a VIP Bar guard.
I said "sure" and she handed me her drink. Smelled like whiskey.
I asked her what it was and she said "just drink it, honey!"
Needless to say, I didn't.

After the party was dying down and I danced to "Don't Stop Believing" with a work friend and one of her audio engineer friends, B the Bartender came over to talk.
He said his friend bet him he wouldn't ask me out to dinner.
I was flattered, but of course, I'm taken.
So I told him that he was cute and sweet and I appreciated his interest, and informed him of my relationship status.
He took it really well, which made me happy.
Because some guys get really offended.
I feel bad for girls who aren't even in a relationship and just aren't interested.
I probably would've enjoyed a date with him
But, for a few years now, all guys (even attractive ones) are pretty much eunuchs to me.
I probably won't ever see B the bartender again.

The day before the party I uploaded a new video. A vedera cover. I hope the Vedera lead singer sees it and likes it, considering she follows me on instagram (and I her). So far she hasn't commented. Oh well. Just wanted to show her how much I love her old band. She's now the new lead singer of Flyleaf. Crazy.

I love being a red-head.
I definitely want to be a blonde again for my wedding.
But, I still have plenty of time before I need to start transitioning back to it.


Monday: Cowriting session with a BEAST
Brian White, SB21 music publishing, produced my EP in the late summer of 2011 (back when he was with Sony Brentwood). Ever since I'd moved to Nashville, I'd wanted to write with him.
#1 because he's so experienced
#2 because I need more co-writing experience
#3 because he seems to believe in me

So, I met with him at the building on music row and spent 3:30 to 6pm writing with him.
I was so nervous and intimidated (considering he's had number one hits). But, Brian's so easy to work with,
he melted my nervousness away. It was so casual and fun.
And I understand why Brian makes the big bucks as a songwriter.
He is a freaking lyric/chord progression machine.
We started out looking at some concept ideas I had. And decided to write a song about loneliness.
It's sad, but mid-tempo, with a good melody. And it's called "That's Lonely."
AND it's a country song.
I've never actually written a straight-country song.
AND I love how it can be sung by me, but could be easily pitched to someone else.
I'm very proud of it, and I can't wait to write with him again.
I hope his publishing company wants to put it on their catalog.

Lyrics have always been difficult for me as a whole. I can come up with a great line here and there.
But, to write lyrics for a whole song takes a long time for me on average.
Melody is my thing.

Wednesday/Thursday: Legacy Events Center
Heard back from LEG, the marketing company I interviewed with.
I GOT THE JOB!
I heard on Wednesday and started today. A nice valentines day start date.
I only worked from 8:30am-11:30am, but it's in the training stage.
I'm anxious to get through the training stage so I can actually get into the field.
There were more people around my age than I thought.
And out of like 10 people, there are 3 redheads (though I'm the only fake one....).
Everyone seems so nice, motivated, and hard working.
The only thing I'm worried about is the hours they expect from me.
I told them when I interviewed that I was only interested in part time (25 hrs/week ish)
But, looking at the schedule stuff, it might be more.
So once I'm done with training and in the field, I need to make sure they know what I'm interested in.
I'm sure they know. But, just in case.
Wish me luck.


For valentines day, my beloved Wesley got me a bright pink version of the black Panache sports bra he got me a few weeks ago. Pink for love! As a top-heavy person, I've worn two sports bras at a time while working out for the past 7 years. NOW I don't need two! And it's actually comfortable. Yay for healthy massive breasts.

My sister recently posted something on facebook about how Kate Upton isn't a good example for healthiness. My sister is an amazingly beautiful fitness model who cheers for FSU. She blows my mind sometimes considering her body and muscle-y-ness. But, she says that Kate Upton is "gross, end of story."
But, it really does nothing for her to put down another model. And though Kate Upton may not have a 6 pack or wear a size 0, she is gorgeous and closer to "normal" women than most models (even though it's still a big difference).
Saying that K.U. is "not healthy" or "gross" is incredibly offensive to people. She does a lot of exercise. And exercise looks different on every body! I have a BMI (a bullshit measurement) of 21.5, which is lower than the majority of women I know. So I can only imagine how insulting my sister's facebook status was for my friends if it was offensive to me. And to think my sis was going to use me as an example as "a girl with big tatas and isn't muscular who still looks like she works out." I have cellulite. More cellulite than Kate Upton. But, I am skinnier by a little bit in terms of measurements (39-26-36). I work out 3-4 times a week.
These are a few things concerning weight/health that I truly believe in:
1. you CANNOT judge someone's health by their weight
       (I may be 5'3" and 120 lbs, which is "healthy" but I have severe allergies, fibromyalgia, and hypothyroidsim. I might just have worse health than a "fat" person.)
2. You can't judge someone's activity level by their looks. I know plenty of supposedly overweight people who work out 3-4 days a week. Some "skinny people" never work out and eat crap food. While some "fat people" eat healthily and work out but never lose weight.   It's on an individual basis.
3. PEOPLE CAN BE "FAT" AND HEALTHY. THE END.
4. Skinny does not equal "healthy."
5. Health needs to be judged on and individual basis.


Rant over......:/




No comments:

Post a Comment