Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday is as Thursday does

I had that interview I mentioned in the last entry.
I enjoyed it and I think it went well.
It was a 2-part interview.
The first part was in the office and the second part was out in the field (a Sam's Club in Franklin).
It's a marketing event company.
They're the people who put out those huge booths at trade shows dept. stores and show you cool demonstrations about products that aren't normally available in stores.
The second interviewer was a Kappa Kappa Gamma alum!
So, naturally, we went all "sorority girl," and did the secret handshake.
It's always so nice to randomly meet sisters (of all ages). Like, in the airport or at Starbucks or at a show.
It reminds me how I'll be part of something forever.
Sorority life was empowering for me.
And that's coming from someone who was totally anti-sorority before college.
If I had never rushed, I wouldn't have accomplished almost all of the things I'm most proud of.

Anyway, the interviewer and I enjoyed talking to each other.
She said her only concern was that I had a very minimal retail experience.
So, who knows if I'll get the job? I guess we'll see.
I have a shit-ton of marketing/PR and media experience.
But, my only retail job was at a jewelry store on Park Ave in 2007...for 5 months.
Then the owner's son died, and the store closed soon after.

I'm not like in love with marketing
But, I really need a job right now that is around 25 hours a week and still making decent hourly wage.
And I'd prefer that job to be people-oriented.
And the job I interviewed for today fits these descriptions.

I also applied to another job today.
Gibson in Nashville is looking for a social media person.
Now, that would be extra cool.

Saturday night is gonna be kinda crazy.
A big mardi-gras themed "Charities Bash" party is being thrown by Music City Tents & Events.
The money from it goes to TJ Martell Foundation (the company I'm with right now) and The Red Cross.
I'll be volunteering on behalf of the former and my shift is from 9pm-1am.
But, the whole thing starts at 7pm. So I can party a bit before starting my shift.
I also get 2 drink tickets. Free booze!
I'm really hoping I get assigned to "band hospitality."
I wanna meet the entertainment and get my name/music in their ears while getting them drinks.

I've been taking hot baths a lot.
It just helps with my back issues a lot and I've been having some stomach aches this week.
It's really nice partly because tenants don't need to pay their water bill at my apartment complex.
It's completely covered. So, I take advantage.

I got my check in the mail from my work as an extra on Nashville.
They took out almost 20% in taxes on a check for less than $100! That's just evil.
Don't they know I'm a starving artist?
Episode 13 is on next week.
Look for me drinking alone in the Bluebird cafe during a Scarlett/Gunnar scene.
I'm wearing my black leather jacket and a floral shirt.

I'm writing with Brian White on Monday.
He produced my EP. Such a great guy.
I'm really intimidated though since he's this huge amazing songwriter millionaire person.
And I'm having writers block issues (that are getting a little better...slowly.)
So, I have lots of ideas.
Hopefully he can help me make the good ones better and a great one into a hit.
*does a rain dance to call for inspiration*

I think my sleep schedule is finally back to normal.
I went to bed around 11:15pm and woke up at 9am.
For a while now I've gone to bed around 2am and woken up after 11 (sometimes as late as noon on the weekends). Oversleeping just makes me feel unproductive and still tired.
I've found that when I work out regularly, my sleeping normalizes.

I can't find my capo and it's hurting my soul.
I have a song idea, but it's capo-ed on the 2nd fret.
I can't fully realize it without hearing it in it's actual key!


Well, guess what I'm gonna do?
Take a hot bath!
(I have such a hard life)






No comments:

Post a Comment