Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WED.NES.DAY.

I've been so productive today!
I've cleaned just about my whole apartment!
Wiped down the counter tops, bookshelves, couch, tables, stove top, keyboard, keyboard chair, etc.
Hung up the laundry, ran the dishwasher, took out the trash, and went to the gym!
AND I practiced some guitar.
Trying to learn some new covers for my next youtube video.

Today is a day-off from work, but I ended up working a bit anyway because of some mishaps last night.
Last night we got our new product and location assignments and then we had to go to the storage unit to get our inventory and THEN set up our booth at the location.
Missy (sweet, 50something, Kappa Kappa Gamma coworker) and I got to the location in Murfreesboro and realized we were missing like 3 things that severely hindered our setting up.
For instance, to put up our big sign behind us, we needed to put together the poles for the sign holder.
But, of course, the tool box with the screws and screwdriver to do that wasn't anywhere to be found.
And strangely enough, the staff at the Sam's Club didn't have one to lend to us.
We ended up being there until after 11pm when we were only supposed to be there til 10 at the latest,
and Murfreesboro is 25 miles away from my apartment.
So, a good portion of setting up had to be done this morning as well.
I didn't really have to go, but Missy needed by help. Who am I to leave her high and dry?
So, I went to the storage unit to look for the things we were missing with the help of a coworker named Steven. Still couldn't find the tool kit, but we got the other stuff.
So, we were forced to be creative in terms of coming up with a way to hang the sign.
Steven and I created a plan.
I met Missy at the Sam's Club and we executed the sign-plan and IT WORKED!
Steven and I saved the day!
I had to give 1 hr out of my day and about 50 miles onto my car, but it feels good to help out.
I'm working Thursday, Saturday and Sunday this week.
Kinda not happy about doing weekend stuff. But, I won't be done too late those nights anyway.
So, if I wanted to, I could still go out and do stuff after my shifts.

My boss, Alexis, has an interesting vocab that I've been picking up on.
Alexis-isms: pt 1
1. "Getting negged out" - becoming unmotivated/sad and thus losing your positive attitude. Letting negative vibes in.
2. "Juice?" - "Got it?" or "understand?"
3. "Juice!" - a response to #2: "yes, I understand and I am excited about it"
                   a response to someone saying they understand: "Awesome!"

My hair is dirty, and the products I'm working with tomorrow are 100% ceramic flat irons and various hair products. So, I probably should make sure my hair looks good.
Blow drying my hair takes so much of my energy......I hate doing it.
I gotta fit it in soon since It's almost 6 and I have to cook/eat dinner and I have an internet date with Wesley at 8pm.
I can't be up too late tonight because I have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment