Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mom Weekend

My mom came to Nashville from Thursday morning until this morning for business and partly to see me!
It was really fun. I hadn't seen her in a little less than 4 weeks, and it felt like longer.
So, after she was done with work on Thursday, we walked around the 21st Ave S shops for a while.
Got a cream cropped leather jacket at Fire Finch.
It was really cold all day. So, we warmed ourselves up with some great Mexican food at Chuy's.
My friend Tanya is a waitress there. So, I requested her.
Great food. Great company.

Afterwards, we went back to my mom's hotel and chilled. We watched a really awkward movie called "Hope Springs" while sharing a bottle of okay-wine. The ending was cute, but the middle was very uncomfortable. Lots of old people talking about their sex lives (or lack thereof) and marriage problems. I always enjoy Meryl Streep though.

Got a text from my friend Moira saying "Umm, SNOW."
So, we looked out the window and sure enough, it was SNOWING in Nashville.
My mom and I wanted a picture but didn't feel like lacing up our only shoes (boots).
So we went out barefoot for like 5 minutes! frozen feets!
Awesome for a Florida person like me.

The next day, I had a phone interview for a really cool paid marketing internship. I have an in-person one next Thursday. Wish me luck.

My mom and I met up again later and went to Green Hills to shop around. Ended up getting a cool wall decoration that says "Keep Calm and Drink Wine" on a large wine-bottle shaped tin sign. It was perfect for my apartment and my drinking habit.
My mom had scheduled massages for us around 6, and we had a dinner reservation at 8.
My mom has been having really bad pain in her lower back, and I've always had upper back and shoulder issues. So, the massages were sorely needed (pun intended).


My mom and I drove by the Bluebird just to see what was up tonight.
Of course the 6:30 and 9:30 rounds were both sold out. And like 30 people were lined up outside the door in the lightly snowy coldness.


We met with Moira at The Firefly Grill in Green Hills and had a really amazing dinner!
None of us had ever been there before.
I chose it because I wanted to go somewhere unique to Nashville that I had never been to before.
I highly recommend it.
I had a spicy Indian soup and risotto with scallops.
Moira and my mom both had the grouper.
Delicious.
My mom said I could invite a friend to dinner, so I invited Moira because she's a blast to be around.
I knew my mom would enjoy meeting her and knowing I had a friend like her in Nashville.

So we parted ways with Moira, and my mom stayed at my apartment last night.
I cut her bangs for her. They turned out really nice. I was worried I'd mess it up.
The last time I cut a family member's bangs, I was thirteen and didn't have very much experience.
Thus, my sister had horrible bangs for a little while when she was 12.
I think I have a lot more hair-cutting experience after 10 years.
My mom also dyed her hair like a shade darker. I really like it.
She doesn't seem to ever like her own hair color.
After she left this morning, I noticed she had gotten hair dye on my bathroom wall, my sink, and my sing cleaner container. She must have not noticed she made such a mess.

Tonight I'm just gonna hang out alone.
I'm excited for tomorrow because we're tracking bass on a project I'm working on with some awesome MTSU students.
Yay music!






No comments:

Post a Comment